Software Engineer / Developer
We are building the next generation of AI based software tools for cancer imaging and treatment.
Our main product utilizes machine learning models to perform accurate and fast segmentation of organs at risk - a critical component of radiotherapy treatment planning.
We are based in Canada but have a decentralized work environment with individuals located in Saskatchewan, Ontario and British Columbia. We offer a respectful, friendly, open, team oriented working environment with flexible time management, and competitive salaries.
We are looking for a Software Developer (Python) to develop new product features and improve our machine learning accuracy, performance, and data pipeline. In this new position you will play a key role in the improvement of our existing products and tools and in the development of new products.
Join our team and help us build state of the art machine learning driven medical software.
You will be tasked with implementation of client-side product features that improve product interfaces with hospital/clinical workflows. You will also be tasked with development of machine learning models applied to medical images (including data pipelines and model architectures).
- Contribute to development of machine learning pipeline code: everything from data processing to neural network architecture
- Contribute to development of a relational database for images and image metadata
- Contribute to the development of new client side product features that improve software integration with clinical workflows
- Determine software and system functional specifications for the medical device project at hand (requirements generation)
- Design, develop, and test software based on software specifications and designs
- Design, develop, test, and implement software tools and subsystems to support software development
- Maintain detailed software documentation (requirements, design, architecture, test evidence, etc.) in conformance to industry regulations
- Participate in technical design and design review meetings
- Use sound software development principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and understandable
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with Python (1+ years experience)
- Experience with common Python libraries such as NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Tensorflow/Keras, SciPy, etc. is an asset
- Experience with development of machine learning models is an asset
- Past experience with image processing is an asset
- Object Oriented development experience
- Strong knowledge of software documentation and testing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of system design concepts
- Strong understanding of modeling languages like UML
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields (or equivalent experience) and/or demonstrable related experience
- Experience with DICOM medical imaging data format
- Experience with database query languages
- Experience with standards relating to medical device product development including IEC 62304, ISO 13485, FDA, etc.
- Experience with data engineering
- Cloud computing experience with AWS an asset
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on your availability, and how your previous experience relates to the job requirements: specific examples are of interest. All your information will be kept confidential.