Machine Learning Engineer
We are building the next generation of AI based software tools for cancer imaging and treatment.
Limbus AI is a software company that develops machine learning based products designed to improve efficiency in cancer diagnosis, treatment, and follow up.
Our main product utilizes machine learning models to perform accurate and fast segmentation of organs at risk - a critical component of radiotherapy treatment planning.
We are based in Canada but have a decentralized work environment with individuals located across Canada and in the United States. We offer a respectful, friendly, open, team oriented working environment with flexible time management, and competitive salaries.
Join our team and help us build state of the art machine learning driven medical software.
You will be involved in all stages of our medical imaging machine learning pipeline. Tasks include prototyping new model architectures, data engineering, and writing production code.
- Contribute to the development of our existing machine learning models: everything from data cleaning and processing to neural network architecture
- Experiment with machine learning and other image processing approaches to solve new medical imaging problems related to our current and future products
- Develop and test production code required to deploy models and image processing algorithms to our user-facing application
- Use sound software development principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and understandable
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with Python (2+ years experience)
- Experience with common Python libraries such as NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Tensorflow/Keras, SciPy, etc.
- Experience with data engineering
- Experience with development and analysis of common machine learning approaches (regression, classification, clustering)
- Experience with computer vision applications
- Object Oriented development experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields (or equivalent experience) and/or demonstrable related experience
- Experience with DICOM medical imaging data format
- Cloud computing experience with AWS an asset
- Experience with semantic segmentation
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on your availability, and how your previous experience relates to the job requirements: specific examples are of interest. All your information will be kept confidential.