Medical Physicist / Software Engineer
Limbus AI is a software company that develops machine learning based products designed to improve accuracy and efficiency in cancer diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up.
Our core product utilizes machine learning models to perform accurate and fast segmentation of organs at risk - a critical component of radiotherapy treatment planning.
We are based in Canada but have a decentralized work environment with individuals across the country and in the United States. We offer a respectful, friendly, open, team oriented working environment with flexible time management, and competitive salaries.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Medical Physicist / Software Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be tasked with the creation of new products and new product features, and building improvements for our machine learning pipeline. You will also work closely with the development and project management teams, as well as our clinical specialists.
Join our team and help us build state of the art machine learning driven medical software.
You will be tasked with the development of novel algorithms for improving radiation therapy and medical imaging. You will also be involved in adding data pipeline features and tools to improve our machine learning workflows. Additionally, you will work on backend features for our medical device software.
- Combine your knowledge of medical physics and software development to create novel algorithms for improving radiation therapy and medical imaging.
- Work closely with the clinical and software development teams to plan, organize, build and deliver clinically valuable software based technologies.
- Contribute to development of machine learning pipeline code: with a focus on data engineering and internal data tools for clinical team members. Contribute to development of a relational database for images and image metadata
- Determine software and system functional specifications for the medical device project at hand (requirements generation)
- Design, develop, and test software based on software specifications and designs
- Design, develop, test, and implement software tools and subsystems to support software development
- Maintain detailed software documentation (requirements, design, architecture, test evidence, etc.)
- Participate in technical design and design review meetings
- Use sound software development principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and understandable
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in applying physics and/or engineering to medicine
- Proficiency with Python (3+ years experience)
- Experience in backend web development is an asset
- Past experience with image processing is an asset
- Object Oriented development experience
- Strong knowledge of software documentation and testing
- Experience with database technologies and query languages
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of system design concepts
- Strong understanding of modeling languages like UML
- Experience with common Python libraries such as NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Tensorflow/Keras, SciPy, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams in a fast moving environment
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Masters or PhD degree in medical physics (or equivalent experience) and/or demonstrable related experience
- Clinical experience in a radiation therapy environment
- Medical Physics Certification
- Experience with DICOM medical imaging data format
- Experience with standards relating to medical device product development including IEC 62304, ISO 13485, FDA, etc.
- Cloud computing experience with AWS an asset
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on your availability, and how your previous experience relates to the job requirements: specific examples are of interest. All your information will be kept confidential.Apply Now